Pharmacy Medicine. The daytime capsules provide temporary relief from the symptoms of cold and flu such as headaches, body aches and pains, dry irritating cough and sore throat. The night time capsules provide temporary relief from the symptoms of cold and flu and also contain antihistamine to relieve itchy, watery eyes, runny nose and sneezing. This medicine also helps reduce fever.
36 Day Caps & 12 Night Caps
Day: how many: 2 orange capsules; how often: morning, midday and afternoon; Night: 2 blue capsules; how often: bedtime; time between each dose: 4-6 hours as necessary, maximum 6 day and 2 night capsules in 24 hours.
If symptoms persist for more than a few days or are accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache, discontinue use and consult a doctor. These could be signs of a serious condition. This product may cause sleeplessness if it is taken up to several hours before going to bed. Paracetamol may cause severe skin reactions. If a skin reaction such as skin reddening, blisters. or rash occurs, stop use and seek medical assistance right away.
Night Capsules Only: May cause drowsiness or sedation. Be cautious about driving a vehicle or operating machinery within 8 hours of taking this medicine. If still affected do not drive a vehicle or operate machinery. Avoid alcohol.
Do not use:
- In children under 12 years.
- If capsule foil is broken.
- If you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients.
- If you are lactating or breastfeeding.
- During an acute asthma attack.
- With other antihistamines.
- With other products containing paracetamol, unless advised by a doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are taking prescription medication for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions e.g. monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) or for Parkinson's disease, or for 2 weeks after stopping the medication. If you are not sure if your prescription medication contains one of these drugs, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask your doctor before use if you:
- Have glaucoma.
- Are pregnant.
- Have chronic cough as occurs with smoking or chronic lung disease, such as - asthma - chronic bronchitis - emphysema.
- Have a cough with excessive phlegm (mucus).
- Have liver or kidney disease.
- Have epilepsy.
- Have difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
- Have pain or fever that worsens.
- Are taking sedatives or tranquillisers, they may increase drowsiness.
- Are taking another cough and cold medicine.
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not exceed recommended dosage. If an overdose is taken or suspected. stop use and ring the Poisons Information Centre (Australia 13 11 26. New Zealand 0800 764 766) or go to a hospital straight away even if you feel well because of the risk of delayed, serious liver damage.
This medication is for the relief of minor and temporary ailments and should be used strictly as directed. If symptoms persist, see your doctor. Prolonged use without medical supervision could be harmful.
Each Day Liquid Capsule contains: Paracetamol 300mg, Dextromethorpan Hydrobromide 10mg. Each Night Liquid Capsule contains Paracetamol 300mg, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10mg, Doxylamine Succinate 6.25mg.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Height: 102mm, Width: 136mm, Depth: 31mm, Weight: 101g